Graduate & Placement Programmes
Discover things differently
When so many brands are competing for consumer attention across Europe – how do we make sure our brands behave differently and stand out? How do we build a connection with our customers and keep them visiting our stores and websites?
This is the challenge of our Brand & Marketing team. It’s their responsibility to plan and execute our consumer-facing activity across six different countries.
During the 12-month programme, you’ll complete rotations working with teams on key functions within the wider Brand & Marketing department. Areas might include Gift Cards, Media, or Corporate Responsibility.
You’ll be collaborating with partners in the broader marketing team as well as other functions within the business, on a daily basis. You’ll contribute to developing strategy and delivering our tactics. You’ll need to balance creative thinking with a sharp commercial focus; and grasp what brand and marketing means in an off-price organisation as you hone your all-round skills. Our off-price business moves faster than many other retailers, so you need to be agile and ready for every challenge that comes your way.
Our Gift Card Team are responsible for a significant proportion of sales with multiple revenue streams across our European markets, in store, online and through external third parties. Gift cards are managed as an end-to-end business unit. Working closely with our internal partners in Finance, Creative, Marketing, Legal, Stores, Operations, Procurement and Risk. If you become part of this team, you’ll build relationships with internal and external partners whilst working on a range of projects – from implementing new card designs, analysing commercial performance and evolving our digital offerings.
Our Media Team are responsible for planning, buying and activating media campaigns locally across six European markets. They analyse results and examine audience insights and plan cohesive strategies across five core departments: Paid Social, European Media Hub, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Pay per Click (PPC) & Affiliates.
On a rotation with the Media team, you’d have the opportunity to:
- Analyse the success of our past campaigns to produce insightful recommendations for future media plans
- Assist in producing briefs for our internal Creative team and external media agencies
- Review competitor activity and trends within our market
Our Corporate Responsibility – Four key areas:
- Supporting local communities
- Taking a responsible approach to sourcing and trading
- Reducing our impact on the environment
- Enabling associates to develop personally and professionally
A rotation with this team, offers the opportunity to work across the whole Corporate Responsibility spectrum, including:
- Contributing to our charity partner campaigns on cause-related marketing brief development
- Assisting with campaign planning and analysis to further enhance our brand reputation
- Supporting the development of internal and external communications to engage customers and associates
Discover your place at TJX.
Apply now to be part of our 2021 intake.
Role starts in September 2021.